A while ago, my card in the DR. Digi’s Crafters ‘Card Facebook group became card of the week. You can find my card here. In it, I was allowed to choose a digital stamp and I chose “Keith the Cool Koala“. After all those Christmas cards, I finally had time to work with him.
So, let’s talk about this card.
- I made a top fold card. You need a piece of white card stock measuring 10,5 centimeters by 30 centimeters. You score at the long side at 15 centimeters.
- A piece of brown card stock measuring 10 centimeters by 14,5 centimeters.
- A piece of white card stock measuring 9,5 centimeters by 14 centimeters.
- I piece of white card stock to die-cut this frame.
- A piece of vellum to put behind the frame.
- Some white card stock to die-cut the leaves.
- A piece of brown card stock to put your sentiment on.
- A piece of black card stock to die-cut the letters from.
Digital stamp and coloring
I printed my digital stamp on DCP paper and colored it with my alcohol markers.
- Koala: Cool Grey (CG9), Cool Grey 8 (CG8), Cool Grey 7 (CG7), Cool Grey 5 (CG5) , Cool Grey 4 (CG4) ,Cool Grey 1 (CG1) and the Colorless Blender (0).
- Nose: Black (120), Cool Grey 9 (CG9), Cool Grey 8 (CG8), Cool Grey 7 (CG7), Cool Grey 4 (CG4) and Cool Grey 1 (CG1).
- Inside of his ears: Pink Pale (09), Blush (136) and Blushed Skin (257)
I fussy cut the image out.
Making the background.
For the background I used the piece of white card stock measuring 9,5 centimeters by 14 centimeters. I used two stencils for this. On the first stencil I used the banana leave. I used the colors Green Beans and Green belt for that. On the other stencil, I used the thinner leaves. This time I used the color Rich cocoa for these leaves. After that I used the access ink on my blender tool to leave some color between the leaves.
Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of just the background.
Making the elements on the card.
I die-cut the frame out of white card stock.
I used a scrap of brown card stock to put my sentiment on. I stamped my sentiment with my sticky embossing ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. I glued this behind my frame.
I die-cut some leaves from white card stock. I color them with the same ink I used for the background.
And for the words “thumbs up” I die-cut the letters from black card stock.
Assembling the card
First, I glue my background on the brown card stock. I glued them on my card base. Now its time to assemble the frame with the koala.
Behind the frame I put my piece of brown card stock with the heat embossed sentiment. Behind that I glue some vellum. I apply the koala with foam tape on top of my sentiment. I glue the black letters around the Koala. In the corners van my frame I glue the leaves.
Now I can put my frame on my card. I wanted to give the frame some dimension and put it with foam tape on my card.
And my card is finished. I hope you like it! Let me know in the comments.
See you next time. Happy crafting!
I’m listing the products I used below. I will link them when I can. Click on the link to go directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for your support.
Products I used:
- Digital stamp “Keith the Cool Koala” from Dr. Digi’s House of Stamps.
- two stencils from Craftsensations.
- Chalk ink from Decotimecrafts.
- Memento ink “Rich Cocoa“.
- Leaves die brand unknown.
- Twinmarkers (alcohol markers) from Decotimecrafts.
- Alphabet die from Craftemotions.
- White embossing powder from Ranger
I would like to participate in the following challenges:
- Crafting Happiness Challenges: Celebrations
- A Place To Start: Anything goes
- The Paper Shelter: Anything goes
- Craft Rocket Challenges: Not square
- Crafty Calendar Challenge: At a sentiment
- A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge:Anything goes
- Classic Design Challenge Blog: Anything goes
- Pearly Sparkles Challenge Blog: No design paper
- Critter Crazy CHALLENGE BLOG: Anything goes + featured critter
- Crafty Animals: Anything goes + must use a animal
Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge. Hope to see you again.
I love using stencils to create backgrounds. Yours is so perfect with your image, design, and die cuts. Thanks for joining our Pearly Sparkles Challenge.