Today I come up with another flower card. I must say that I am enjoying making these more and more. For this card I also used a free digital stamp from the Papercrafter site. The digital stamp comes with another 42 stamps. You can find it as FREE Dawn Wheeler Garden Rose Digi Stamps. Be sure to let me know if you have downloaded them too.
The card measures 15 centimeters by 10.5 centimeters. The panel I made myself is 9.5 centimeters by 14 centimeters. For this card I wanted a slightly larger white border.
Digital stamps and coloring
I really like this flower digital stamp. It is a nice big bouquet that covers a large part of the card.
The first thing I did was to color the flowers, because that determines the colors of the card.
And now to work with the alcohol markers:
- Leaves and stems: Greyish green sage dark (230), Green Sage (227) and Greyish green sage (229)
- Roses and butterflies: Warm Fuchsia (206), Rose pink (08), Pale Pink (09) and Pastel Pink (17)
- Berries: Burgundy (247), Cherry Pink (05) en Vived Red (4)
For the background of the flowers, I selected a beige card stock.
I have decorated this card stock with a background die from Aveccreative.
This is currently for sale at ActionNL. It is sold with the Christmas collection, but you can use it also for other occasions.
To make the background a bit more interesting, I worked the edges with ink.
And to finish off the background, I made the edges a bit rougher and splashed it with pink.
For this card I chose a simple text. I stamped the text on white paper and then used clear embossing powder to give it a shiny effect.
The final touch
And now we can put the card together. I stuck the flowers onto the background with some foam tape. And I stuck that panel onto the base card. I also added some pink pearls. I put some glaze over the butterflies and the bow to give it a shiny effect.
And then the card is finished. Thank you for visiting my blog again. And until the next one!
Products I used
- Digital stamp “Free Dawn Wheel Garden Roses on the site from Papercrafter
- Twinmakers (alcoholmarkers) from Decotimecrafts
- Chalk ink Black metal (44), Pearl Grey (41) en Smoking Grey (70) from Decotimecrafts
- Background Cutting Die from AvecCreative
- Paper Glaze from Alleene’s
- An edge crimper from Crafters Companion
I would like to participate in the following challenges: